At Lookout, we’re committed to building products and services that we are proud to share with our family, friends, and people throughout the world. We are committed to security and are strong privacy advocates. Our Security and Privacy Principles guide the decisions we make at our company that help keep you safe and keep your information private.
We employ advanced security practices to keep your data safe.
- It’s our responsibility to protect the data you entrust to us. Security isn’t just something we do, it’s the core of our business.
- We always protect your data in transit and data at rest using the latest and most stringent encryption standards.
- We store data only in secure data centers protected by 24/7 security.
- Our website and client software are hardened against attacks — we work with third-party penetration testers to simulate attacks on our own systems
We’re trusted security experts.
- Our team is staffed with security experts and researchers who are well known names in the security community and industry.
- Our investors and leaders have helped build world class cybersecurity companies.
- Millions of people have already chosen to trust Lookout to keep their phone safe.
We use information to provide better protection for you.
- When you share information with us, we use it to provide better products and services for you and millions of other people who trust Lookout.
- By anonymously aggregating information from users around the world, we can share insights that help make everyone safer. For example, when we share information about the most prevalent mobile malware in the wild, you can take steps to protect yourself.
We will always tell you what type of information we collect and how we use it.
- We strive to clearly explain the information we collect and how we use it to deliver better products and services. For example, we wrote our privacy notice so normal people can read it.
- You should never be surprised by what information we collect. We aim to make people aware of the information we collect and how it is being used to improve their mobile experience.
Lookout improves your privacy and security.
- By using Lookout, you’ll be protected from malware and spyware, your data will be backed up, and you’ll be able to secure your phone if it is lost or stolen.
- Lookout’s mission is to keep people safe and secure — this applies to your personal information too.
Want to learn more about Lookout's legal policies?
For more detailed information, visit our legal center.
If you are a security researcher and need to report a security issue, view our Responsible Disclosure of Security Vulnerabilities page.