Lookout App Threats Map
Mobile App Threat Encounter Rates
With intelligence from more than 170 million analyzed apps, Lookout has the world's largest mobile dataset, providing visibility into the entire spectrum of mobile risk. This enables Lookout to provide the greatest control of app-based risks. Our security platform creates a fingerprint of each mobile device and compares it with data from more than 200 million devices to continuously protect against mobile risks.
Every day we inspect more than 100,000 new apps, up to 10,000 of which are convicted as malicious by Lookout AI Threat engines. Our customers use Lookout App Risk to quickly identify risky app behaviors and dynamically deny apps to protect their organizations.
Explore the map above to understand our app threat detections around the world, powered by the Lookout Cloud Security Platform.
- Drag to explore every region where Lookout has visibility into mobile threats
- Scroll or pinch to zoom in and out from a global view to country level insight into threats
- Click on a country name to see details on different types of app threats in that country [only available when OS and Verticals set to ‘All’]
- Filter results by mobile OS or specific industry vertical to see the app threat encounter rates your regional employees may be seeing.
Is Lookout sharing personally identifiable information (PII) here? Does this data violate the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), or any other privacy laws?
No, this information is for illustrative purposes only. The data in this map has been de-identified and aggregated, so that no individual or organization can be identified.
How are you determining the location of the device?
- We did not use GPS or any dynamic location data to populate these maps.
- Devices used in this interactive map are assigned to a country based on ‘locale’ that the user has chosen for their device.
- Whichever regional app market the user has chosen determines the country level location of a device.