Lookout China Connect addresses cloud connectivity challenges for China-based employees of multinational companies
BOSTON, July 11, 2023 – Lookout, Inc., the endpoint-to-cloud security company, today announced Lookout China Connect, an extension of the Lookout Cloud Security Platform operating in mainland China. Lookout China Connect simplifies connectivity for remote workers in mainland China without the complexity of a private network, all while complying with China’s legal and regulatory requirements.
Global enterprises operating in mainland China must provide local workers with the same application access, security and overall user experience as employees elsewhere. But providing consistent connectivity isn’t easy in China. Operational issues arising from China’s unique internet landscape, including IP address blocking, bandwidth throttling and unpredictable latency, can impact productivity and day-to-day operations. In the past, the only way to address these challenges was to route traffic over a private network connection or VPN from mainland China to an international site. This can sometimes be a difficult approach because in some cases, companies are restricted from utilizing leased lines to international locations.
Lookout China Connect offers multinational companies a comprehensive strategy to navigate the connectivity challenges that arise in China's complex regulatory environment. It also provides consistent visibility and security in a simplified SaaS-delivered solution. And because it's based on the Lookout Cloud Security Platform, it provides the same converged protection for:
- SaaS connectivity: Global enterprises reliant on SaaS applications, such as Microsoft 365, Salesforce, ServiceNow and others can connect and secure remote workers operating in mainland China with consistent security policies across their entire global infrastructure.
- Remote users or teams: Remote users working from home in China can access private corporate applications and data hosted in locations outside of mainland China with the same experience and protection as their colleagues elsewhere in the world.
- International websites: Employees operating in China are protected from accessing and being infected by malicious web traffic, websites with vulnerabilities, internet-borne viruses, malware and other cyber threats.
“Global organizations rely on secure connectivity to ensure a consistent user experience and maintain productivity — no matter where they may be,” said Sundaram Lakshmanan, Lookout CTO. “Lookout China Connect provides these organizations with a positive user experience and the peace of mind that their data is protected and accessible – regardless of device, user or location.”
- Learn more about https://www.lookout.com/pop/china.
- Learn more about the Lookout Cloud Security Platform.
- Sign up for a complimentary Data Risk Assessment.
- Listen and subscribe to Security Soapbox, the Lookout podcast covering privacy, security, and everything in between.
Lookout, Inc. is the endpoint-to-cloud cybersecurity company that delivers zero trust security by reducing risk and protecting data wherever it goes, without boundaries or limits. Our unified, cloud-native platform safeguards digital information across devices, apps, networks and clouds and is as fluid and flexible as the modern digital world. Lookout is trusted by enterprises and government agencies of all sizes to protect the sensitive data they care about most, enabling them to work and connect freely and safely. To learn more about the Lookout Cloud Security Platform, visit www.lookout.com and follow Lookout on our blog, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Contact Lookout PR: email@example.com
© 2023 Lookout, Inc. LOOKOUT®, the Lookout Shield Design®, and LOOKOUT with Shield Design® are registered trademarks of Lookout, Inc. in the United States and other countries. DAY OF SHECURITY®, LOOKOUT MOBILE SECURITY®, and POWERED BY LOOKOUT® are registered trademarks of Lookout, Inc. in the United States. Lookout, Inc. maintains common law trademark rights in EVERYTHING IS OK, PROTECTED BY LOOKOUT, CIPHERCLOUD, the 4 Bar Shield Design, and the Lookout multi-color/multi-shaded Wingspan design.