Security Service Edge (SSE) enhancements include advanced threat protection, better data management and an enriched user and admin experience
BOSTON, October 25, 2023 – Lookout, Inc., the data-centric cloud security company, today announced enhancements to its Lookout Cloud Security Platform that are designed to help organizations better discover, assess and protect their data as it moves across any network, from the endpoint to the cloud. These enhancements provide organizations with a unified solution that will expertly secure their data by maximizing visibility and protecting access across all applications.
The Lookout Cloud Security Platform, the Company’s Security Service Edge (SSE) offering, continuously monitors the risk posture of users and their devices to provide dynamic and granular zero-trust access based on the sensitivity level of apps and data, enabling organizations to protect their workers, devices, applications and data from unauthorized access and modern-day internet-based threats. Services in the platform include: Secure Private Access (ZTNA), Secure Internet Access (SWG) and Secure Cloud Access (CASB).
Lookout’s data-centric cloud security innovation helps safeguard customers’ sensitive information as it moves across networks, clouds, applications and devices:
- Discover and onboard all private apps with enterprise app discovery: When it comes to protecting sensitive corporate data, ZTNA offers a far more secure approach compared to traditional VPNs. Unlike VPNs that provide access to the entire network for example, ZTNA offers granular access control, which limits users to specific applications. This reduces the overall attack surface and prevents lateral movement of threats, minimizing the risk of compromised accounts or devices compromising the entire infrastructure. Lookout Secure Private Access discovers and helps onboard private applications running on an organization’s network hosted on-prem or in the cloud, and currently being accessed by a VPN. Using this functionality, IT can now see all private applications being accessed by their users and take steps to seamlessly define and enforce access and data protection policies for these apps.
- Extend zero trust protection with firewall as a service: The Lookout Cloud Security Platform has an integrated cloud firewall that extends inspection of incoming and outgoing traffic across all ports and protocols, enabling granular visibility and access control into non-web traffic to stop zero-day threats. With this enhancement, customers can apply more granular security and access policies across all of their apps (web, TCP, UDP, ICMP) and both internet and intranet traffic.
- Expand data classification and protection capabilities in Google Drive: Google Labels Classification expands data classification capabilities across the Lookout Cloud Security Platform through an integration with Google Drive labels. This integration helps Lookout customers classify sensitive data with Google Drive labels and enforce security policies based on these labels to protect sensitive data stored in Google Drive’s API mode.
- Secure traffic and enforce policies on guest networks and IoT devices: Organizations need visibility and control over all endpoints and users within their network in order to reduce the risk of malware infections and data exfiltration through these channels. Lookout has enhanced traffic inspection capabilities, expanding data and threat protection to guest users of company networks and traffic coming from IoT devices. This helps ensure company networks are not compromised from these access points, thereby preventing data exfiltration.
- Advanced threat protection from phishing and zero-day threats: Lookout has enhanced its integration with remote browser isolation (RBI) and cloud sandboxing to improve the user experience and provide robust threat protection for organizations, preventing users from accessing malicious sites and content.
“In today’s digital world, data is the lifeblood of every organization,” said Pete Finalle, Research Manager, IDC. “It is vitally important that organizations protect their data and ensure that it is secure, no matter where it resides or how it is accessed. Lookout's new cloud security features offer greater assurance to IT organizations that their data is safe and their users are protected.”
“Lookout continues to innovate the Lookout Cloud Security Platform in ways that strengthen the protection of users and data from security threats and enhance the end-user experience,” said Aaron Cockerill, Executive Vice President of Product, Lookout. “We are the only vendor that unifies cloud and endpoint security into one platform. With this latest release, Lookout continues to build upon our strategic vision to put data security at the intersection of today’s workplace and modern cybersecurity threats.”
- Learn more about the Lookout Cloud Security Platform.
- Sign up for a complimentary Data Risk Assessment.
- Listen and subscribe to Security Soapbox, the Lookout podcast covering privacy, security, and everything in between.
Lookout, Inc. is the data-centric cloud security company that delivers zero trust security by reducing risk and protecting data wherever it goes, without boundaries or limits. Our unified, cloud-native platform safeguards corporate data across devices, apps, networks and clouds and is as adaptive and simple as the modern digital world. Lookout is trusted by enterprises and government agencies of all sizes to protect the sensitive data they care about most, enabling them to work and connect freely and safely. To learn more about the Lookout Cloud Security Platform, visit www.lookout.com and follow Lookout on our blog, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Contact Lookout PR: email@example.com
© 2023 Lookout, Inc. LOOKOUT®, the Lookout Shield Design®, and LOOKOUT with Shield Design® are registered trademarks of Lookout, Inc. in the United States and other countries. DAY OF SHECURITY®, LOOKOUT MOBILE SECURITY®, and POWERED BY LOOKOUT® are registered trademarks of Lookout, Inc. in the United States. Lookout, Inc. maintains common law trademark rights in EVERYTHING IS OK, PROTECTED BY LOOKOUT, CIPHERCLOUD, the 4 Bar Shield Design, and the Lookout multi-color/multi-shaded Wingspan design.