Mobile Security - The 6 questions modern organisations are asking
The modern organisation has recognised the need to embrace mobile devices in the workplace. Some have fully implemented a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) program, while some have adopted a hybrid model of corporate-owned and personally-enabled (COPE) devices. Many companies then choose to deploy an Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) or Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution to enable some control of the mobile devices that access corporate data. For companies at this stage of mobility, security is the next critical layer. Here are six critical questions to frame a discussion around mobile security in your organisation:
- Are the mobile apps on our employees’ devices a security threat?
- Do our employees install iOS and Android apps from unknown sources?
- How many iOS and Android devices in our network have been jailbroken or rooted?
- Are EMM/MDM solutions sufficient for securing enterprise data on mobile devices?
- Are employees using their own mobile tools, putting sensitive data at risk?
- Can employee's mobile devices be compromised by man-in-the-middle attacks by connecting to wi-fi networks even if they use a mobile VPN?