October 28, 2020
Lookout and Verizon Committed to Protecting Small Businesses
Our mission has always been to secure the mobile experience and for many in our current climate, that means protecting employees as they work from home. Verizon recently announced the launch of Business Mobile Secure, a full security solution designed specifically for small and medium business customers with Lookout mobile security at the helm of the bundle’s modern endpoint protection offerings.
According to the Verizon Mobile Security Index (MSI) 2020, almost a third (28%) of small and medium-sized businesses were victims of a cyberattack during 2019. Our research found that phishing attacks increased 37% from 4QCY2019 to 1QCY2020, primarily due to the significant increase in remote workers. From a cybersecurity perspective, we are very pleased to see this Verizon initiative to prioritize the needs of small and medium-sized businesses. Mobile security is top of mind for many business owners, and now Verizon and Lookout are delivering a solution that meets their specific needs.
"Answering the evolving needs of our customers is our top priority, and if this year has proven anything, it's that protecting mobile devices is critical for employee productivity and business continuity," said Aamir Hussain, SVP & Chief Product Officer, Verizon Small Business Products. "Verizon is leading the way by offering a strong security solution to address the specific needs of small business customers, and we are proud to partner with Lookout, an industry leader to provide this service."
Business Mobile Secure provides easy-to-use solutions to keep small business teams productive and secure. The bundle includes:
- Lookout for Small Business. Seamless protection on an easily deployed, user-friendly dashboard. Lookout helps protect smartphones and tablets from phishing, app, device, and network threats with installation simplified for any owner or manager without the need for dedicated IT support.
- Mobile Device Management from Verizon. Enforce passcode requirements, locate lost devices, and wipe data, restrict access to file sharing, and implement other controls that help secure your existing investment in mobility.
- Dedicated Technical Support covers onboarding, setup, and expert troubleshooting so that small business owners can focus on their business.
Business Mobile Secure is available to be added on to all Verizon Business mobile rate plans at a cost of $5 per device, per month. Business Mobile Secure will be included in the Verizon Business Unlimited Plus and Business Unlimited Pro rate plans thereby providing these essential security features to their small business community.
As the leader in mobile security, Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, enterprises and government agencies worldwide. We’ve worked hard to build an industry-leading security platform. By analyzing nearly 200 million devices and over 100 million apps, we deliver modern endpoint protection that detects and protects from the growing threats on phones and tablets.
To learn more about this offer, check out the Verizon Press Release.
Book a personalized, no-pressure demo today to learn:
- How adversaries are leveraging avenues outside traditional email to conduct phishing on iOS and Android devices
- Real-world examples of phishing and app threats that have compromised organizations
- How an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security platform can detect threats and protect your organization